Monsoon is a weather phenomenon that cause hard wind so it is so important to care about hair. The hair tend to lose moisture content due to high humidity in the atmosphere and frequently getting wet. The hair will be too frizzy, dry, brittle, and limp. There are chances of scalp infections too, so you have to be more careful and doing proper hair care in monsoon is very essential.
- Rinse Hair Because of Rain
If you get wet in the rain, you have to rinse thoroughly in order to avoid bad things from the rain. Getting wet in the rains may be okay for others but not for women especially the hair. Frequent wet, shampooing, and drying the hair will make them lifeless and frizzy. So you have to minimize the exposure of rain water to your hair. If you get wet in the rain, rinse your hair with plenty of clean water and a mild shampoo soon after returning home. This protects you from germ infection on your scalp and checks. If your hair gets wet because of rain, do not leave them tied in a ponytail or a bun to prevent fungal infections and dandruff, just let them dry by itself.
- Oiling And Masking
Oil your hair for 1-2 hours before shampooing, at least once a week or using a homemade hair mask. How to make it? Just mix 1 ripe banana, 3 table spoons honey, and 1 table spoon olive oil. Apply this mask on your hair and leave it around 15-20 minutes. Then wash off with plain water to get shiny hair. Rinse thoroughly in order to make the dirt goes away. Make your hair turns dry and rough without any treatment will ultimately lead to hair fall during monsoons. A quick and natural oil massage followed by a hair results in soft and manageable hair.
Identify your hair type, then try a nice hot oil massage every weekend or twice in a week to maintain gorgeous silky hair. You have to do this treatment routinely. Alternatively, you may also buy branded hair masks and nourish treatments to make your brittle hair in monsoons better. You can also prepare another simple treatments to nourish your hair at home. Here are the natural masks you can make.
- Massage up to 1/2 cup of mayonnaise into your hair. The eggs and oils hydrate also quench your hair strands.
- Make a mask by yourself that consists of olive oil, almond oil and vitamin E for extra boost for the hair. This mask also include apple cider vinegar and lemon juice to clarify your hair.
- Rinse your hair with cold steeped tea for extra shine and apply a paste of mashed mango and mint for smooth and shiny hair. Just massage this mask into hair and wait for 15-20 minutes, then rinse it off.
- Mix 3 bananas and drizzle in 3 tea spoons of honey. Use this mask and leave it on around 20-30 minutes to hydrate and nourish the hair.
- For oily hair, you have to apply a mask of mint paste and leave it on around 15-20 minutes and rinse off this mask.
3. Excessive Hair Products
Remember that using too many styling products like Gels and Mousse may cause damage to your hair. Improper rinsing will cause dandruff and hair fall. You have to avoid excessive usage and ensure that you rinse your hair well. Hair care products which are free of parabens and sulfates to avoid further damage to the hair are the best choice. Chemical treatments like perms and straightening during monsoons should be avoided. Those products will further irritate scalp and hair strands leading to excessive hair fall and split ends.
- Shampooing And Conditioning
If get hair wet in the rain, wash your hair with shampoo at home. The rain water get loaded with environmental pollutants, so it can damage your hair if you do not washed it properly. Remember that you should not shampoo more than 2-3 times in a week. Use conditioner after shampooing your hair. An anti-frizz shampoo and conditioner can frizz up the hair to a great extent.
After knowing about the ways to manage and prevent hair from falling, you have to practice it for the best result. Or at least you should tell your friends and other people around you about these.